Walgreens is no longer in-network
Selecting a participating pharmacy is easy:
Access our convenient Find a Pharmacy tool. To use this tool:
- Select "Find a Doctor (Dentist, Pharmacy or Hospital)" within the Useful Tools section on the homepage.
- On the resulting page, select Pharmacy under "What are you looking for?".
- You can enter the pharmacy name, or select an area within your zip code or address, and select "Search.".
After selecting a convenient pharmacy of your choice, you can do one of the following:
- Take your prescription bottle to your new pharmacy; they will contact your old pharmacy to transfer your prescription.
- Call your new pharmacy and ask them to contact your old pharmacy.
- Ask your doctor to call your new pharmacy with your prescription information.
All of our participating pharmacies are eager to serve you and assist you with your prescription needs.
A. Only Walgreens-owned pharmacies in our network are affected. Walgreens operates under various names, such as OptionCare, Duane Reade and Happy Harry’s. All other pharmacies in our network remain eager to serve our members.
A. All major pharmacies generally carry the same brand-name medicines. Members can check with one of our participating pharmacies when they transfer their prescription, but in all likelihood, they will be able to receive their medication at any of our convenient, quality network pharmacies.
A. There are other convenient 24-hour pharmacy choices, often just down the street in the same neighborhood as Walgreens. In the event 24-hour access is needed for an emergency fill and no other pharmacy offers 24-hour service in the member’s area, the member can use a Walgreens pharmacy, pay full price for their prescription, and then submit a claim for reimbursement if their plan allows.
A. Express Scripts Home Delivery Service is not impacted by Walgreens' exit from our network. If you have a home delivery benefit, you may continue to use Express Scripts Home Delivery program.