Apply for a Guest Membership
Central Region States only:
Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri and Wisconsin
For Anthem Blue Preferred HMO or Blue Priority plans
What happens when you or a dependent live away from home for a long time and can’t use your Anthem Network? You can apply for a Guest Membership. If you live outside your plan’s coverage area for at least 90 days in a row, this membership lets you get the care you need.
When you're a "guest" in another state, you're treated like a member of that state. So you’re still covered for many services, including routine and preventive care, and your claims are processed by the local claim system.
Here’s how an Away From Home Care guest membership works:
1) Call us at least 30 days before you want your guest member to start.
Before seeking care in another state, contact us at 1-800-355-6414
to see if you qualify for guest membership.
2) We’ll tell you if there's a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan in the area that can “host” your guest membership.
3) If we find a plan that can host you, just fill out a Guest Membership application we’ll send it to them for you.
4) The Host plan will send you an ID card, assign a Primary Care Physician (PCP) in their service area (if applicable), and let you know how to use your guest membership benefits.
5) When you need care, simply call your Host plan PCP for an appointment.
6) You don’t need to fill out a claim form. Just pay those out-of-pocket costs (copays, deductibles, co-insurance or costs for non-covered services) that you’d pay anyway. These costs may be different than your Anthem plan because they’re set by the Host plan. The Host plan will let you know what these costs are.
Away From Home Care Facts and FAQs:
((Click on question to see answer))
Q. Does my plan allow for guest memberships?
This program is available only with our Blue Preferred HMO plans and Blue Priority plans that don’t have out-of-network benefits. It’s not offered to ASO accounts (where your company covers the costs of claims). It’s not part of the BlueCard or ITS programs.
Before seeking care in another state, contact us at 800-355-6414 to see if you qualify for guest membership.
Q. How can I qualify for the Guest Membership program?
To be a guest member, you must:
Live away from home for at least 90 days in a row
Live in the service area of a Host HMO plan that participates in the Guest Membership program.
You can be a guest member for up to two years each time you apply.
Q. What are my guest membership options?
Long-term Traveler - For members who will be living away from home for up to six months. These are typically long term work assignments or retirees with dual residence.
Families Apart - For a member’s spouse and other dependents only. Your spouse or dependent might live outside of your plan’s service area because of divorce or other reasons. This type of guest membership has no time limit, but you need to reapply every two years.
Student - For a member’s dependents who are attending school for more than 90 days outside of your plan’s service area.
Q. What steps do I take when going away to be a guest in another HMO plan?
Call us at 1-800-355-6414 to see if you qualify for a guest membership.
If you qualify, fill out a Guest Membership application on our website or call us to request one by mail. Apply for Guest Membership online.
After you send in your application, we’ll work with plans in the area you’ll be staying to see if you can get a guest membership.
If you qualify, we’ll submit your application to the Host plan.
Once the Host plan approves the application, they’ll send you what you need to use your Host benefits and network.
Q. When does the guest membership begin?
Your application needs to be submitted to the Host plan at least 10 days before you want your guest membership to start.
To renew your guest membership, you need to submit a new application 30-45 days before your current guest membership expires.
If your Anthem coverage ends, your guest membership ends at the same time. You can re-apply for the Guest Membership program after your Anthem coverage starts again.
Q. How can I apply for guest membership online?