Drug List Selection
Our health plans use a "Preferred Drug List" containing brand-name and generic medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and reviewed and recommended by our Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee. Our P&T Committee is an independent group of practicing doctors, pharmacists and other health care professionals responsible for the research and decisions surrounding our drug lists. This group regularly meets to review new and existing drugs and chooses the medicines for our drug lists for several reasons, including their safety, value and how well they work.
If you are prescribed a drug not listed on the drug list, you may need to pay more for it on your own because it is not covered. To determine if a medication is included on our health plans' drug lists, please read the instructions below for viewing our printable drug lists* online.
How Do I Find My Printable Drug Lists?
I'm Covered by:
- Visit or log in to your health plan website (anthem.com, anthem.com/ca or bcbsga.com).
- From the home page, select the Customer Support tab.
- Select the Forms Library tab.
- Select the state where you obtain your coverage. This step doesn't apply on anthem.com/ca or bcbsga.com.
- Drug lists are included in the Pharmacy listing in the Forms Library.
I'm Covered by Empire BlueCross or Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- Visit empireblue.com.
- On the left side of the homepage, select "Providers & Facilities," and enter the site.
- Hover over "Plans & Benefits" and select "Pharmacy Management" from the resulting menu.
- On the Pharmacy Management page, view alphabetical and tiered formularies for Empire BlueCross and Empire BlueCross BlueShield.
Learn more about our drug list selection process:
Learn more about how drug choices are selected for specific conditions:
How do I request additions to the Drug Lists?
You or your health care provider may send a request to add a drug to our drug lists either in writing or by completing this online form.