New improved wellness site makes it easier to access your wellness programs!
Now you can access all of the wellness programs available to you as a WellPoint associate, spouse or domestic partner in one place – www.WellpointMyHealth.com
Check out a wellness teleseminar, get a tip from Dr. Sam, join Weight Watchers or an onsite fitness center, and track your wellness credit – all from the same site. You can personalize your home page with your own health goal, so you get on track and stay on track all year.
Associates access www.WellpointMyHealth.com
using their current US Domain ID and password. Spouses and domestic partners access the site by Spouse/Domestic Partner in the User Type drop down box, clicking submit, then clicking “Create a New Account.”
How the Fitness Challenge works
1) You’ll participate in the Fitness Challenge on the www.wellpointmyhealth.com site.
All associates and all spouses/domestic partners who have registered on the site can access the Fitness Challenge by clicking on the link in the Fitness Challenge program box. Spouses/domestic partners who have not registered yet can easily complete the process by going to www.WellPointMyHealth.com
, selecting Spouse/Domestic Partner in the User Type drop down box, clicking submit, then clicking “Create a New Account.”
2) Set a goal of 40 exercise sessions (30 minutes minimum), and you will complete the Challenge. There are 20 WellPoint state checkpoints on the virtual progress map, and each checkpoint requires two exercises to complete. Each eligible exercise session advances you one-half checkpoint per day, so it will take at least 40 exercise sessions to complete the Challenge route from California to Maine. Those completing the route early can go on to round two to further increase their state standings.
3) Log on to www.wellpointmyhealth.com at least weekly to report your activity
. If your spouse/domestic partner is participating, encourage him or her to do the same. You’ll see your progress as you work your way across the virtual WellPoint route stretching from California to Maine. Weekly homepage photos and encouraging messages will motivate you along the way and show how easy it is to take steps toward better health.
4) Create or join a Fitness Team and challenge other teams. You and your spouse/domestic partner can create or join a fitness teams and challenge other teams in a friendly competition. This is a great way to encourage participation in your state or with your virtual coworkers. Teams can have up to 40 members and you can participate in multiple challenges with other teams. Check out the Fitness Teams page on the Fitness Challenge site to learn how to form a team and challenge others. New this year: You and your spouse/domestic partner can form a partner team and challenge other teams.
5) Help your state win their division. This year there are three size divisions, so there will be three states (one in each division) declared the winners of the Fitness Challenge. These states will earn bragging rights for the year and receive a trophy. Your encouragement to others to join and log their activity will help pull your state to victory.
Read the Contest Guidelines under Help on the Fitness Challenge site to learn about the contest!