Looking to get your exercise goals back on track? Join the WellPoint Fitness Challenge!
The 2014 Fitness Challenge runs April 30 through July 8. The Fitness Challenge encourages all of us to be physically active and follow recommended activity guidelines of 30 minutes of cardiovascular or strength training activity most days of the week. As always, be sure to check with your doctor before beginning an exercise program.
How the Fitness Challenge works
1) You’ll participate in the Fitness Challenge on the http://www.wellpointmyhealth.com/ site
. All associates and all spouses/domestic partners who have registered on the site can access the Fitness Challenge by clicking on the link in the Fitness Challenge program box. Spouses/domestic partners who have not registered yet can easily complete the process by going to http://www.wellpointmyhealth.com/
, and clicking on “Create a New Account” in the “Spouse & Domestic Partner Login” box.
2) Set a goal of 40 exercise sessions (30 minutes minimum), and you will complete the Challenge. There are 20 WellPoint state checkpoints on the virtual progress map, and each checkpoint requires two exercises to complete. Each eligible exercise session advances you one-half checkpoint per day, so it will take at least 40 exercise sessions to complete the Challenge route from California to Maine. Those completing the route early can go on to round two to further increase their state standings.
3) Log on to http://www.wellpointmyhealth.com/ at least weekly to report your activity.
Encourage your spouse/domestic partner to participate and have them log their activity at least weekly. You’ll see your progress as you work your way across the virtual WellPoint route stretching from California to Maine. Checkpoint and weekly homepage photos and encouraging messages will motivate you along the way and show how easy it is to “Take the Challenge to ‘Move More’”.
4) Create or join a Fitness Team(s) and challenge other teams. You and your spouse/domestic partner can create or join a “Group Fitness Team” and challenge other teams in a friendly competition. You can also create a “Partner Fitness Team” with your spouse or domestic partner and challenge other group or partner teams in a friendly competition. This is a great way to encourage participation in your state or with your virtual coworkers. Group teams can have up to 40 members and you can participate in multiple challenges with other teams. Check out the “Fitness Teams” and “Challenges” pages on the Fitness Challenge site to learn how to form a team and challenge others.
5) Help your state win their division. This year there are four size divisions, so there will be four states (one in each division) declared the winners of the Fitness Challenge. These states will earn bragging rights for the year and receive a trophy. Your encouragement to others to join and log their activity will help pull your state to victory.
Read the Contest Guidelines under Help on the Fitness Challenge site to learn about the contest!
New improved wellness site makes it easier to access your wellness programs!
Now you can access all of the wellness programs available to you as a WellPoint associate, spouse or domestic partner in one place – http://www.wellpointmyhealth.com/
Check out a wellness teleseminar, get a tip from Dr. Sam, join Weight Watchers or an onsite fitness center, and track your wellness credit – all from the same site. You can personalize your home page with your own health goal, so you get on track and stay on track all year.
Associates access www.WellpointMyHealth.com use the Associate Login box and enter your current US Domain ID and password. Spouses and domestic partners use the same site and enter the unique username and password they created or create a new account.