Help for Members Impacted by Hurricane Ian in FloridaSeptember 30, 2022
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in Florida and are impacted by the effects of Hurricane Ian.
These changes are in effect statewide from September 23, 2022, through October 23, 2022. Relaxed rules for filing claims, paying premiums, and non-cancellation of plans are in effect through November 28, 2022.
The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated to the impacted areas by their state or local agency but who do not live there.
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030. We are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
Changes to health plan guidelines
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications that you take on a regular basis to treat ongoing conditions (maintenance medications), you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if the pharmacy is not in your plan’s network. This applies even if your prescription isn’t yet due for a refill.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure we send your medicine to the right place.
Filing a Claim
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
Health Plan Premiums
- If you receive a bill directly from Anthem for your health plan premium and are experiencing financial difficulties because of the emergency, you have more time to pay your bill. Please call us at 833-285-4030 to discuss options
No cancellations within 60 days
- Your plan won’t be cancelled or suspended for late payment of your premiums.
These changes are for members who reside in Florida and who are impacted by the effects of Hurricane Ian. The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated to the impacted area by their state or local agency, but who do not live in the impacted area.
The changes are for members who have Anthem group health plans through their employers or Anthem individual and family plans. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, or fully insured trust plans. Those plans have their own guidelines.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.