Help for Members Impacted by the Wildfire Emergency in HawaiiAugust 14, 2023
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in Hawaii and who are impacted by the state’s wildfire emergency. The changes are in effect between August 10, 2023, and September 8, 2023.
The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated to the impacted area by their state or local agency, but who do not live in the impacted area.
For member assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030.
We are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your doctor’s office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
Preapprovals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won’t be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
Mental health support
- Our website also offers helpful resources for mental health support , including connecting to mental healthcare professionals.
- Crisis support is available if you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts or behavior, is experiencing emotional distress, or is behaving in a way that could harm others. Call 988 or go to 988lifeline.org to reach the confidential Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Help is available 24/7.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers, Anthem individual and family plans, Medi-Cal, or Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, or Medicare Supplement plans. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plans, which have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.