Help for Members Impacted by Floods in IndianaApril 11, 2018
We’re taking steps to help our Indiana members impacted by flooding. If you’re affected and live in Harrison, Jasper, Ohio, Pulaski, Carroll, Dearborn, Elkhart, Fulton, Lake, Marshall, Perry, St. Joseph, Starke, Switzerland, White, Benton, Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Jefferson, Spencer or Warrick County in Indiana, here’s what you should know:
- You can get emergency or urgent care services by doctors and hospitals, even if they’re not in your plan network — and claims will be paid as if they’re in your network.
- If you’re on an Anthem prescription drug plan you can refill lost or damaged prescriptions at any pharmacy now.
- If you use a mail order pharmacy you can update your address information by calling Member Services.
- Time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification or referral requirements will be relaxed — there will be no late penalties.
- You can get replacement medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) if yours was lost or damaged.
- You and your doctors are being given more time to file claims, if needed.
- Your policy won’t be canceled due to nonpayment of premium from February 15 through May 1, 2018.
Relaxed guidelines are effective from February 15, 2018 through May 1, 2018. They apply to members with Anthem group health plans, individual and family plans. They do not apply to Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D or Federal Employees Health Benefits Program members. These programs have specific guidelines.
Your premium payments for this time period will be due after May 1, 2018. If you need additional support, call the Member Services number on your ID card or select Customer Support on this website.
If you need additional support, call the Member Services number on your ID card or select Customer Support on this website.
We hope you and your loved ones stay safe.