Help for Members Impacted by Wildfires in CaliforniaAugust 30, 2023
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief and ensure healthcare access for members who live in California and are impacted by the Smith River Complex and Happy Camp Complex wildfires.
The changes are in effect between August 29 and September 27, 2023, for Del Norte and Siskiyou counties.
The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated to the impacted area by their state or local agency, but who do not live in the impacted area.
We want to help make sure you have access to the healthcare you need. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions. We are available by phone Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. PTs.
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your doctor’s office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at 833-285-4030.
- We can help you replace your eyeglasses or contact lenses. Call us at 833-285-4030.
- You have more time to request them. There won’t be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
- If you receive a bill directly from Anthem for your monthly insurance premium and are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the emergency, you have more time to pay your bill. Please call us at 833-285-4030 to discuss options.
- Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers mental health support and resources to help with legal and financial concerns, dependent-care needs, and other life challenges. Call the 24/7 EAP crisis line at 877-208-8240 or go to anthemeap.com and use the login: EAP Can Help.
- Our website also offers resources for mental health support.
- Crisis support is available if you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts or behavior, is experiencing emotional distress, or is behaving in a way that could harm others. Call 988 or go to 988lifeline.org to reach the confidential Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Help is available 24/7.