Save Money on Your Lab TestsDecember 01, 2020
- Choose an in-network independent lab and pay less
Different labs charge different prices for the same services, so it is important to compare your options before seeking care. If you need to have a lab test, such as a blood or urine test, you can keep your out-of-pocket costs down by choosing independent labs in your plan. Using other labs, especially those that are out-of-network, could cost much more.
- Know your options and save money
Compare the cost of an in-network independent lab with other options:
Type of lab Cost of services* Percent you pay
Your cost before
Your cost after
In-network independent lab $80 10% $80 $8 In-network hospital lab $150 10% $150 $15 Out-of-network lab $225 30% $225 $67.50
*Based on sample costs
- Independent labs in your network offer
- Significant savings for the same service and quality of care.
- Convenient locations.
- Flexible hours, including early mornings and Saturdays.
Several in-network independent participating labs, such as Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp, offer enhanced services, including online appointment scheduling and direct access to results. They may even save you a trip by picking up your specimen at your doctor’s office.
Understanding your options is important in helping you make the right decisions about your care. If you have questions about using an independent lab, call the Member Services number on your ID card.
- Find an in-network independent lab near you
Use our mobile app or visit anthem.com:
- Log in to the app or anthem.com.
- Select Find Care.
- Choose Labs.
- Select a lab from the list to view details.