Help for Members Impacted by Earthquakes in California
July 08, 2019
We’re taking steps to help our members and emergency personnel impacted by earthquakes in California.
If you live in Kern or San Bernardino County, here’s what you should know:
- If you have an Anthem prescription drug plan, you can get up to a 30-day emergency refill of your medications at any pharmacy now.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy, you can update your temporary mailing address information by calling us.
- Time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification or referral requirements will be relaxed — there will be no late penalties. Please call us for an extension if you need it.
- You can get replacement medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) if yours was lost or damaged.
- You and your doctors are being given more time to file claims, if needed. Please call us for an extension if you need it.
- You can get emergency or urgent care services by doctors and hospitals, even if they’re not in your plan network — and claims will be paid as if they’re in your network.
- Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support services to help you with stressful situations and financial or legal concerns. You can access EAP at no cost. Call our 24/7 crisis line toll-free at (877) 208-8240.
Relaxed guidelines are in effect from July 4 through August 4, 2019, for impacted members in the California counties listed above. They apply to members with Anthem group or individual and family health plans. They do not apply to Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan members, Medi-Cal, Medicare Advantage, and Medicare Part D plans — these programs have their own specific guidelines.
If you need additional support, call us toll-free at (833) 285-4030.
We hope you and your loved ones stay safe.