Help for Members Impacted by Hurricane Ida in Alabama, Louisiana, and MississippiSeptember 02, 2021
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in some Alabama counties and the entire states of Louisiana and Mississippi and must leave their homes due to the impacts of Hurricane Ida.
- In Alabama, the changes are in effect August 28, 2021, through September 26, 2021, for the following counties: Baldwin, Bibb, Choctaw, Clarke, Colbert, Conecuh, Dallas, Escambia, Fayette, Franklin, Greene, Hale, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Marengo, Marion, Mobile, Monroe, Perry, Pickens, Sumter, Tuscaloosa, Walker, Washington, Wilcox and Winston.
- In all Louisiana parishes and all Mississippi counties, the changes are in effect between August 29, 2021, and September 27, 2021.
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your doctor’s office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who live in Alabama, Louisiana, or Mississippi and who must temporarily leave their homes due to the impacts of Hurricane Ida.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers and Anthem individual and family plans. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part D members. Those plans have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.