Help for Members Impacted by Wild Fires in CaliforniaAugust 15, 2018
We’re taking steps to help our California members and emergency personnel impacted by wild fires. If you’re affected and live in Orange or Riverside County in California, here’s what you should know:
- If you’re on an Anthem prescription drug plan you can refill lost or damaged prescriptions at any pharmacy now. This also applies to members who are emergency personnel activated by their state and local agency who do not reside in the impacted county.
- If you use a mail order pharmacy you can update your address information by calling Member Services.
- Time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification or referral requirements will be relaxed — there will be no late penalties.
- You can get replacement medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) if yours was lost or damaged.
- You and your doctors are being given more time to file claims, if needed.
Relaxed guidelines are effective from August 9, 2018, through September 10, 2018. They apply to members with Anthem group health plans, individual and family plans. They also apply to Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP) members and to Medicare members as specified below:
- Orange: Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Medicare Part D
- Riverside: Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Medicare Part D
If you need additional support, call the Member Services number on your ID card or select Customer Support on this website.
We hope you and your loved ones stay safe.