Help for Members Impacted by Severe Winter Weather in TexasFebruary 19, 2021
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who reside in Texas and must temporarily leave their homes due to the severe winter weather. These changes are in effect from February 12, 2021, through March 13, 2021.
If you need assistance during this crisis, please call 833-285-4030, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., for help finding available doctors, prescription drug refills, or other health plan questions.
If you need healthcare right away
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your doctor’s office or healthcare facility is closed because of the severe winter weather, or if you aren’t able to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
If you need prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if the pharmacy is not in your plan’s network. This applies even if your prescription isn’t yet due for a refill.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address has changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure we send your medicine to the right place.
If your medical equipment is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your medical equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME) and/or supplies. Call us at 833-285-4030.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members who reside in Texas and have Anthem group health plans through their employers or Anthem individual and family plans. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part D plans. Those plans have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.