Help for Members Impacted by Tornadoes in IndianaApril 17, 2023
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in Indiana and are impacted by the tornado emergency there. The changes are in effect from March 31, 2023, through April 30, 2023, for the following counties:
- St. Joseph
The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated by their state or local agency, but who do not live in the impacted area.
In addition, we have placed a 60-day moratorium on cancellation of any insurance policy in effect for any Anthem policyholder directly affected by the emergency. We are also suspending any penalties for late premium payments. This is effective March 31, 2023, through May 29, 2023, and includes the seven counties listed above as well as the following additional counties:
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030.
We are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your doctor’s office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
Medical equipment that is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at 833-285-4030.
Filing a claim
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers, and Anthem individual and family plans. These changes are not for Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Part D, or Medicare Advantage plans or for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plans or fully insured trust funds. These plans have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.