Rainbow Spring RollsMay 18, 2018
- A Low-Carb Lunch With the Perfect Crunch
- 8 rice papers (spring roll wrappers)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1/2 jicama, cut into thin strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup mixed greens, loosely chopped
Prepare the ingredients. Create eight equal portions that include each ingredient, and set them aside.
To assemble the rolls, dampen the rice papers, one at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds in warm water (be careful not to break the paper — it may take a few tries). Lay the paper flat on a plate and add a portion of filling to the bottom. Fold the right and left sides of the paper inward. Fold the bottom of the paper over the filling and toward the top. Seal the top, bottom, and sides to form a rectangular roll.
Cut rolls in half with a wet knife and serve with a side salad, if desired.
Nutrition per serving (4 rolls):
361.7 calories, 7.4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4.9 g protein, 73.5 g carbohydrates, 0 mg cholesterol, 120.9 mg sodium, 19.9 g fiber
Try this recipe with your favorite low-calorie sauce.
Feeling like dumplings? Add 1 tablespoon of filling to each paper and shape them into triangular pouches. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes, at least 1 inch apart.