California Individual Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
Besides helping you keep a great smile, regular dental check-ups can help find early warning signs of health issues. That's one really good reason to take excellent care of your teeth and gums. And dental coverage from Anthem can help make it easy and affordable..
Traditional dental insurance plans that cover a percentage of the cost of treatments and services
- Three plan choices. Choose a plan that covers only the basic diagnostic and preventive services (like cleanings, exams and x-rays) or a plan that covers more services (such as fillings, root canals, crowns and implants).
- Enroll in coverage for yourself, you and a dependent, or your entire family.
- Exams, cleanings, and X-rays are covered at 100%.
- An extra cleaning or periodontal maintenance procedure is available each year for those who are pregnant or living with diabetes.
- No waiting period for diagnostic and preventive services. (Waiting periods may apply for certain other coverage.)
- A benefit for a brush biopsy which, together with a surgical biopsy, helps detect oral cancer.
- You can go to any dentist, but you'll save money by choosing one from our network of participating dentists.
Blue View Vision features:
- A broad, convenient, national network - The Blue View Vision network has over 30,000 private practice doctors and more than 25,000 locations, including the nation's leading retail stores such as LensCrafters®, Sears OpticalSM, Target Optical®, JCPenney® Optical, and select Pearle Vision locations. These retail locations offer convenient evening and weekend hours. You can also use your benefits online with 1800 CONTACTS®.
We offer two Dental Blue PPO plans - Dental Blue Basic and Dental Blue Enhanced. Both plans use the Dental Blue 100 network.
Dental Blue Basic
offers essential coverage at a value price:
- Diagnostic and preventive coverage for services like cleanings, exams and X-rays
- Basic coverage for fillings
- Benefits for stainless steel crowns and pulpotomies (removing infected portions of the pulp tissue) on primary (baby) teeth.
Dental Blue Enhanced offers more coverage:
- Diagnostic and preventive services.
- Benefits for basic services like fillings.
- Benefits for major services like crowns, periodontal procedures, oral surgery, and root canals.
- Orthodontic coverage for children after a 12-month waiting period, with a separate lifetime maximum of $1,000 ($500 per year).
One network, more dentists. It ’s that simple.
You can go to any dentist, but you ’ll save money by choosing one from our network of participating dentists.
Dental SelectHMO Plan
Prefer a Dental HMO? If so, our Dental SelectHMO plan may be the right choice for you. It offers no copay for diagnostic and preventive care such as cleanings, exams and X-rays* with no waiting period, coverage for most fillings with no copay after a six-month waiting period, no annual maximums and coverage for orthodontics and other services available for fixed copays.
*$5 office visit copay applies.
How to Purchase
To purchase a Dental Blue PPO or Dental SelectHMO plan, please download and complete the Brochure and Enrollment Form, then submit the completed form as instructed.