California Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
Your state is California
For price and coverage details
Besides helping you keep a great smile, regular dental check-ups can help find early warning signs of health issues. That's one really good reason to take excellent care of your teeth and gums. And dental coverage from Anthem can help make it easy and affordable.
Traditional dental insurance plans that cover a percentage of the cost of treatments and services
- Three plan choices. Choose from a plan that covers only the basic diagnostic and preventive services (like cleanings, exams and x-rays) to a plan that covers more services (such as fillings, root canals, crowns and implants).
- Enroll in coverage for yourself, you and a dependent, or your entire family.
- Exams, cleanings, and X-rays are covered at 100%.
- An extra cleaning or periodontal maintenance procedure is available each year for those who are pregnant or living with diabetes.
- No waiting period for diagnostic and preventive services. (Waiting periods may apply for certain other coverage.)
- A benefit for a brush biopsy which, together with a surgical biopsy, helps detect oral cancer1.
- You can go to any dentist, but you’ll save money by choosing one from our network of participating dentists.
1Not available on all plans
Our optional Blue View VisionSM plan features:
- A broad, convenient, national network — The Blue View Vision network has over 30,000 private practice doctors and more than 25,000 locations, including the nation’s leading retail stores including LensCrafters®, Sears OpticalSM, Target Optical®, JCPenney® Optical, and select Pearle Vision locations. These retail locations offer convenient evening and weekend hours. You can also use your benefits online with 1800 CONTACTS®.
We offer two Dental Blue PPO plans – Dental Blue Basic and Dental Blue Enhanced. Both plans use the Dental Blue 100 network.
Dental Blue Basic offers essential coverage at a value price:
- Diagnostic and preventive coverage for services like cleanings, exams and X-rays
- Basic coverage for fillings
- Benefits for stainless steel crowns and pulpotomies (removing infected portions of the pulp tissue) on primary (baby) teeth
Dental Blue Enhanced offers more coverage:
- Diagnostic and preventive services
- Benefits for basic services like fillings
- Benefits for major services like crowns, periodontal procedures, oral surgery, and root canals
- Orthodontic coverage for children after a 12-month waiting period, with a separate lifetime maximum of $1,000 ($500 per year)
One network, more dentists.
It’s that simple. You can go to any dentist, but you’ll save money by choosing one from our network of participating dentists
Prefer a Dental HMO? If so, our Dental Select HMO plan may be the right choice for you. It offers no copay for diagnostic and preventive care such as cleanings, exams and X-rays* with no waiting period, coverage for most fillings with no copay after a six-month waiting period, no annual maximums and coverage for orthodontics and other services available for fixed copays.
*$5 office visit copay applies.
This information is not your policy and is intended as a brief summary of service. If there is any difference between this page and the policy, the provisions of the policy shall control.