The amount of life insurance coverage needed when someone dies is often 8 to 10 times his salary1 but only 60% of people in the United States have life insurance2.
Are you covered ... just in case?
Learn why It's important to have life and disability insurance.
Life and disability insurance — two things most people don’t talk about, let alone think about. But they’re two of the most important things to have.
And they’re important whether you’re single, married or have kids. Why? Because life and disability coverage can bring you and your loved ones peace of mind in case something happens. Disability insurance can provide financial wellness for you in case you’re ever too sick or injured to work. And life insurance can help you protect your loved ones financially in case you’re not here.
- Life Happens website, What You Need to Know about Life Insurance (acccessed January 2017)
- LIMRA website, 2016 Insurance Barometer Study (April 5, 2016)
- U.S. Social Security Administration, Fact Sheet (2016)
- Council for Disability Awareness website, Chances of Disability (accessed December 2016)
- LIMRA website, Facts from LIMRA: 2015 Disability Insurance Awareness Month (accessed December 2016)
- American Payroll Association, Getting Paid in America, survey 2014.
- Ketchum Global Research & Analytics, Anthem Life and Disability Insurance: Survey Findings, 2017.
Life and Disability products underwritten by Anthem Life Insurance Company, an independent licensee of the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
What if you got sick or injured and you couldn’t work, even for a short time?
Would you be able to take care of yourself financially? Would you have access to tools and resources to help you get back to work and back to your life?
Or what if you weren’t here anymore?
Would your loved ones have what they need to take care of things and manage financially? You don't have to think about these tough questions by yourself. We're here to walk you through all of it with informational fliers about life insurance and disability insurance no matter what stage of life you're in.