Help for Members Impacted by Winter Storms in California2 de febrero de 2021
We are here to help you find and receive care when you need it during a crisis. Please call 833-285-4030, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., for help finding available doctors, prescription drug refills, or other health insurance-related matters.
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties who must temporarily leave their homes due to the winter storms. These changes are in effect from 29 de enero de 2021, through 28 de febrero de 2021.
If you need healthcare right away
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your doctor’s office or health care facility is closed because of the winter storm, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
If you need prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if the pharmacy is not in your plan’s network. This applies even if your prescription isn’t yet due for a refill.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure we send your medicine to the right place.
If your medical equipment is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your medical equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME) and/or supplies. Call us at 833-285-4030.
If you need preapprovals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won’t be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
If you need to file a claim
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
If you need additional support
- Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers mental health support as well as resources on our website to help with legal/financial concerns and dependent-care needs. Call the EAP crisis line 24/7 at 877-208-8240 or go to anthemeap.com and use the log in: EAP Can Help.
- If you receive a bill directly from Anthem for your monthly insurance premium and you are experiencing financial difficulties due to the crisis, please call us to discuss options. During the emergency, you have an additional 30-day grace period to pay your monthly premium.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who live in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties and who must temporarily leave their homes due to the winter storms. The changes are in effect from 29 de enero de 2021, through 28 de febrero de 2021.
This time period may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers, Anthem individual and family plans, and Medi-Cal. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part D plans. Those plans have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.