If it’s not an emergency, you can see a doctor right away online, using your phone or computer at livehealthonline.com. Depending on your plan, it’s likely about the same cost as your doctor.
You can also use our Find a Doctor tool to look for an urgent care center - or a clinic in a retail shopping store. You can usually walk in without an appointment needed. And they can handle lots of urgent health issues like a flu or cold, allergies, prescribing medication, even small fractures and X-rays.
It can take up to 10 business days or two weeks.
Call them. They should always have someone available, or a recorded message to help you get the care you need.
- Which and how many providers work in the area.
- Which providers meet Anthem’s quality and credentialing standards.
- Which providers want to contract with Anthem.
- The number of members we anticipate enrolling in the network.
- Which providers are important to specific employer groups or other groups of members.
- What are the PCP referral patterns in the area, i.e., who do PCPs normally send their patients to for specialty care.
- Highly organized.
- Have fully implemented or are in the process of implementing electronic medical records (EMRs).
- Have achieved NCQA level III Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) designation or are in the process of getting this designation.
- Meet pre-defined set of quality metrics.
- Have the resources needed to work with Anthem and our members differently to evaluate cost of care opportunities (i.e. sharing of actionable data).
- Interest and participation in shared savings / risk opportunities.
- Have demonstrated the ability to provide better value to our members through improved quality and lower costs.