If it’s not an emergency, you can see a doctor right away online, using your phone or computer at livehealthonline.com. Depending on your plan, it’s likely about the same cost as your doctor.
You can also use our Find Care tool to look for an urgent care center - or a clinic in a retail shopping store. You can usually walk in without an appointment needed. And they can handle lots of urgent health issues like a flu or cold, allergies, prescribing medication, even small fractures and X-rays.
It can take up to 10 business days or two weeks.
Call them. They should always have someone available, or a recorded message to help you get the care you need.
- Which and how many providers work in the area.
- Which providers meet Anthem’s quality and credentialing standards.
- Which providers want to contract with Anthem.
- The number of members we anticipate enrolling in the network.
- Which providers are important to specific employer groups or other groups of members.
- What are the PCP referral patterns in the area, i.e., who do PCPs normally send their patients to for specialty care.
- Highly organized.
- Have fully implemented or are in the process of implementing electronic medical records (EMRs).
- Have achieved NCQA level III Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) designation or are in the process of getting this designation.
- Meet pre-defined set of quality metrics.
- Have the resources needed to work with Anthem and our members differently to evaluate cost of care opportunities (i.e. sharing of actionable data).
- Interest and participation in shared savings / risk opportunities.
- Have demonstrated the ability to provide better value to our members through improved quality and lower costs.