If your primary doctor can’t see you that day or the next, you should find an urgent care clinic nearby. Log in and click on Find Urgent Care for one in your network.
It can take up to 10 business days or two weeks.
Call them. They should always have someone available, or a recorded message to help you get the care you need.
If it’s not an emergency, you can see a doctor right away online, using your phone or computer at livehealthonline.com. Depending on your plan, it’s likely about the same cost as your doctor.
You can also use our Find a Doctor tool to look for an urgent care center - or a clinic in a retail shopping store. You can usually walk in without an appointment needed. And they can handle lots of urgent health issues like a flu or cold, allergies, prescribing medication, even small fractures and X-rays.
- If you have an HMO Blue New England plan, referrals to doctors in your plan are required.
- If you have Blue Choice New England POS group plan, referrals for doctors whether in your plan or not are required.
- Members with other group products or for members in Individual HMO or PPO products, referrals to doctors in your plan are not required.
- Individual HMO members must obtain preapproval for services outside of your plan.
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Medical Plans (English)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Medical Plans (Spanish)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Dental Plans (English)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Dental Plans (Spanish)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Vision Plans (English)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Vision Plans (Spanish)