If it’s not an emergency, you can see a doctor right away online, using your phone or computer at livehealthonline.com. Depending on your plan, it’s likely about the same cost as your doctor.
You can also use our Find a Doctor tool to look for an urgent care center - or a clinic in a retail shopping store. You can usually walk in without an appointment needed. And they can handle lots of urgent health issues like a flu or cold, allergies, prescribing medication, even small fractures and X-rays.
It can take up to 10 business days or two weeks.
Call them. They should always have someone available, or a recorded message to help you get the care you need.
- If you have an HMO Blue New England plan, referrals to doctors in your plan are required.
- If you have Blue Choice New England POS group plan, referrals for doctors whether in your plan or not are required.
- Members with other group products or for members in Individual HMO or PPO products, referrals to doctors in your plan are not required.
- Individual HMO members must obtain preapproval for services outside of your plan.
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Medical Plans (English)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Medical Plans (Spanish)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Dental Plans (English)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Dental Plans (Spanish)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Vision Plans (English)
- CT Network Adequacy Survey – Vision Plans (Spanish)