Drug List Selection
Our health plans use a "Preferred Drug List" containing brand-name and generic medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and reviewed and recommended by our Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee. Our P&T Committee is an independent group of practicing doctors, pharmacists and other health care professionals responsible for the research and decisions surrounding our drug lists. This group regularly meets to review new and existing drugs and chooses the medicines for our drug lists for several reasons, including their safety, value and how well they work.
If you are prescribed a drug not listed on the drug list, you may need to pay more for it on your own because it is not covered. To determine if a medication is included on our health plans' drug lists, please read the instructions below for viewing our printable drug lists* online.
How Do I Find My Printable Drug Lists?
I'm Covered by:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia
- Empire BlueCross or Empire BlueCross Blue Shield
- or a Part D Plan
- Visit or log in to your health plan website (anthem.com, anthem.com/ca, bcbsga.com, or empireblue.com).
- From the home page, select the Customer Support tab.
- Select the Forms Library tab.
- Select the state where you obtain your coverage. This step doesn't apply on anthem.com/ca, bcbsga.com, or empireblue.com.
- Drug lists are included in the Pharmacy listing in the Forms Library.
Learn more about our drug list selection process:
Learn more about how drug choices are selected for specific conditions:
- Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)
- Saving with Drug List, Generics and OTC Drugs
How do I request additions to the Drug Lists?
You or your health care provider may send a request to add a drug to our drug lists either in writing or by completing this online form.