Important Update About Covenant Health in MaineJuly 05, 2023
July 5, 2023
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and Covenant Health Announce Agreement
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Maine and Covenant Health have reached an agreement that will maintain Anthem members’ in-network access to all Covenant Health hospitals, facilities, and providers. This means that as of Wednesday, July 5, 2023, all Anthem members maintain access to in-network services at the following facilities:
• St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine
• St. Joseph Hospital in Bangor, Maine
• St. Mary’s d’Youville Pavilion in Lewiston, Maine
• Home Health and Hospice of St. Joseph in Bangor, Maine
• St. Joseph Infusion Center in Bangor, Maine
• All physicians and providers at the above facilities.
Community Clinical Services continues to remain in network.
We were successful in striking a balance between ensuring access to Covenant Health facilities and providers while continuing our work to protect affordability. From the start, our commitment was to our members and customers. We never wavered from that path, and we will continue to honor that commitment.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we worked toward a resolution with Covenant Health on behalf of the people we serve. If you have further questions, please call the Member Services number on the back of your Anthem ID card.