When you sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, you’ll have access to some great extras. You could join our popular fitness program, SilverSneakers®. And in most states, you can also get special offers or enroll in programs to help keep you healthy and save you money.
Before you add Medicare Supplement insurance, also called “Medigap,” you’ll want to have Original Medicare. Medicare Supplement plans let you add coverage to Original Medicare to pay for things that Parts A and B don’t cover like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part A and Part B deductibles. We’ll help you find the plan that works best for you!Shop Plans
Is Medicare Supplement (Medigap) right for you?
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You want peace of mind knowing you’ll have help with many of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’d like the flexibility to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan (Part C).
Select your state
We have Medicare Supplement plans to cover you in CA, CO, CT, GA, IN, KY, ME, MO, NH, NV, NY, OH, VA, and WI. To find out more about Medicare Supplement plan benefits in your state and start shopping, select your state.
If your state isn’t listed, check out bcbs.com.Select a State
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement plan to help cover your costs, you’ll want to add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Like Medicare Supplement, you can get Part D directly from us. We offer several prescription drug plans to meet everyone’s needs. So add one to your shopping cart or take a closer look at Medicare Part D
Need dental and vision insurance?
If you choose Medicare Supplement insurance, you can buy dental and vision or dental-only insurance to complement your coverage in most states. Stay healthy with Anthem Extras Packages: pick from dental and vision packages like Standard, Premium, Premium Plus, or Dental-Only Premium Plus.