Get FARM, a great health plan for small businessesOctober 23, 2019
Are you looking for a health plan that can give you more rate stability and even more ways to save? You’ve got it.
Welcome to the Georgia FARM Plan! A great healthcare solution that gives small businesses like yours an easier, more affordable way to offer healthcare to your employees, with a lot less worry. How? Easy!
The Georgia Farm Bureau has teamed up with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) to offer groups with at least one enrolled employee and no more than 50 eligible employees and sole proprietors the opportunity to join together to share in the overall claims risk and have financial protection backed by Anthem.
In addition, groups should fall within a broad range of agricultural SIC codes participating in a larger, alternative funded pool. SIC codes cover more than traditional farming such as construction, clothing, paper products, printing, mining, furniture, raw materials, food preparation, restaurants, grocery stores, landscapers, and fertilizers. Plus, we’ve expanded the SIC codes to those who work in transportation, manufacturing, storage and warehousing, machinery, gas services, and more for groups quoted June 27, 2022 or later.
The product guide and product grids provide an overview of our plans, products, and services. Here’s a quick comparison guide to help compare Georgia FARM Bureau Health Care and Georgia Chamber SMART Plans.
Help your clients save on their medical rates when they add on Specialty coverage.
Benefit summaries outline the basics of an Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan, providing quick references to deductibles, coinsurance amounts, limitations, and exclusions when members receive covered services. Refer to the plan certificates for more complete explanation of the specific services covered in a plan.
Guidelines for selling FARM plans to small groups
This guide will help you better understand our Small Group Underwriting Guidelines for Georgia FARM plans. What’s inside includes general information on FARM plans, documentation requirements, how to get enrollment started, and important contact information.
Quoting new groups
- To submit a quote, follow the quoting steps on Producer Toolbox. Refer to our quick tips when quoting.
- For groups with 1 – 4 members, have each member complete this English medical questionnaire or Spanish medical questionnaire and upload through Producer Toolbox.
- Anthem Quote Census (please open in Internet Explorer (IE)).
- HSA Questionnaire (when using PNC as your HSA banking option)
- Wage and Tax forms (new groups to Anthem only)
- Benefit Modification Form (renewing or off-cycle groups wanting to add new Dental, Vision, Life, and/or Disability coverage on an existing Anthem plan)
- Anthem Quote Census (please open in Internet Explorer (IE))
East Region Materials: