Why do we credential?
Who do we credential?
- Register with CAQH (if you are not already registered). You may self-register by visiting proview.caqh.org. This is a secure and private portal.
Authorize Anthem so we can access your credentialing information. If you are already registered with CAQH, you will need to give us permission to review your information.
- Review and update your application. Please ensure all sections of the application are complete and accurate.
- Your signature and application date
- CAQH status of “Initial Application Complete” or “Reattestation”
- Current license to practice in each state where services are provided
- Education/Training to support requested specialty(ies) (or documentation that provider will complete training within 60 days of application)
- Current Hospital Privilege information
- Current DEA or CDS certificate in each state where services are provided
- Explanations to questions on the application
- Five years’ work history, in month/year format
- Current Professional Liability Insurance
- Applicant must also allow a site review within 30 days of our request, if applicable
Non-response to Recredentialing RequestsIf you do not update CAQH or supply the required information for recredentialing by the due date, your application will be considered incomplete and will result in an administrative termination from the network.
- Review information submitted to support their credentialing application
- Correct erroneous information
- Receive the status of their credentialing or recredentialing application upon request