Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans will keep you covered on all your adventures. In Wisconsin, you’ll have access to our very popular fitness program, SilverSneakers® starting January 1st, with our currently offered Medicare Supplement plan.
Medicare Supplement insurance is also called “Medigap.” In Wisconsin, you can purchase riders with your plan to help pay for things that Original Medicare doesn’t cover like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part A and Part B deductibles. You’ll want to be enrolled in Original Medicare before you add a Medicare Supplement plan.
At Anthem, we’ve been serving Wisconsin for over 70 years. Come find the plan that’s right for you!Shop Plans
Is Medicare Supplement insurance (Medigap) right for you?
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and you live in Wisconsin.
- You want peace of mind knowing you’ll have help with many of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’d like the flexibility to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for a Wisconsin Medicare Advantage plan (Part C).
When should you enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan?
6 months starting the month you turn 65
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits end
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Blood (first three pints in each calendar year)
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
To enhance the benefits of your plan, you can purchase Riders to cover specific needs. You can purchase all riders, except Medicre Part A Deductible Rider, if you want the most comprehensive coverage you can get.
Additional Home Healthcare Rider
Coverage for 365 visits per year including those covered by Medicare
Medicare Part B Copayment or Coinsurance Rider
Cost for office visits will be either $20 or the Medicare Part B coinsurance, whichever is less. Cost for emergency room visits will either be $50 or the Medicare Part B coinsurance, whichever is less.
Medicare Part B Excess Charges Rider
Coverage for the difference between the Medicare Part B eligible charges and the amount charged by the provider which shall be no greater than the actual charge or the limiting charge allowed by Medicare, whichever is less.
Medicare Part A Deductible Rider
Coverage for 100% of Medicare Part A Inpatient Hospital Deductible
Medicare Part B Deductible Rider
Coverage for 100% of Part B deductible for Eligible Medicare-approved expenses (physician’s services, outpatient medical services and supplies, physical and speech therapy, tests, durable medical equipment)
Foreign Travel Emergency Rider
Post-deductible coverage for at least 80% of expenses for emergency medical care during the first 60 days of travel outside the U.S.A. Maximum deductible is $250. Maximum charge is $50,000.
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Original Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement plan to help cover your costs, you’ll want to add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Like Medicare Supplement, you can get Part D directly from us. We offer several prescription drug plans to meet everyone’s needs. So add one to your shopping cart or take a closer look at Medicare Part D plans in Wisconsin.
Need dental and vision insurance?
If you choose Medicare Supplement insurance, you can buy dental and vision or dental-only insurance to complement your coverage. Stay healthy with Anthem Extras Packages: pick from dental and vision packages like Standard, Premium, Premium Plus, or Dental-Only Premium Plus.
Many of our Anthem Extras Packages get you access to our Member Assistance and Travel Assistance programs to help keep you healthy at home and abroad.