Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans will keep you covered on all your adventures. In Wisconsin, you’ll have access to our very popular fitness program, SilverSneakers®, with our currently offered Medicare Supplement plan.
Medicare Supplement insurance is also called “Medigap.” In Wisconsin, you can purchase riders with your plan to help pay for things that Original Medicare doesn’t cover like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part A and Part B deductibles. You’ll want to be enrolled in Original Medicare before you add a Medicare Supplement plan.
At Anthem, we’ve been serving Wisconsin for over 70 years. Come find the plan that’s right for you!Shop Plans
Is Medicare Supplement insurance (Medigap) right for you?
Yes , the Medicare Supplement plan is right for you
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and you live in Wisconsin.
- You want peace of mind knowing you’ll have help with many of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’d like the flexibility to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
No, the Medicare Supplement plan is not right for you
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for a Wisconsin Medicare Advantage plan (Part C).
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Original Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement plan to help cover your costs, you’ll want to add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Like Medicare Supplement, you can get Part D directly from us. We offer several prescription drug plans to meet everyone’s needs. So add one to your shopping cart or take a closer look at Medicare Part D plans in Wisconsin.
Need dental and vision insurance?
If you choose Medicare Supplement insurance, you can buy dental and vision or dental-only insurance to complement your coverage. Stay healthy with Anthem Extras Packages: pick from dental and vision packages like Standard, Premium, Premium Plus, or Dental-Only Premium Plus.
Many of our Anthem Extras Packages get you access to our Member Assistance and Travel Assistance programs to help keep you healthy at home and abroad.