In Ohio, we offer Medicare Supplement insurance (Medigap) plans including Medicare Select insurance plans, which save you money on monthly premiums. Medicare Supplement insurance plans help with costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part A and Part B deductibles. You can add these plans once you’ve enrolled in Original Medicare, and they let you visit any doctor who accepts Medicare. Medicare Select plans save you the most money when you stay in-network for non-emergency hospital care. But don’t worry! Anthem has a huge network that covers most hospitals in the state.
As an Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield member with one of our currently offered plans, you’ll have access to the popular SilverSneakers® program and SpecialOffers, like discounts on vitamins and weight loss programs. Anthem has been serving Ohioans for over 70 years. Come find which plan works best for you!
Is Medicare Supplement insurance (Medigap) right for you?
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and you live in Ohio.
- You want peace of mind knowing you’ll have help with many of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’d like the flexibility to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for an Ohio Medicare Advantage plan (Part C).
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Original Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement insurance plan to help cover your costs, you’ll want to add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Like Medicare Supplement insurance, you can get Part D directly from us. We offer several prescription drug plans to meet everyone’s needs. So add one to your shopping cart or take a closer look at Medicare Part D plans in Ohio.