Your Anthem Digital ID Card — Always At Your Fingertips
With a digital ID card, you’ll never have to search for your member ID card because it’s always available on your mobile device or computer. Share it with your doctor over email, fax, or by download. It’s convenient, and you can be confident that your health plan information and details are always up to date.
How Do You Switch To An Anthem Digital ID Card?
Opt in to a digital ID card on the Sydney Health app:
- Select “More”
- Go to “Profile” under “Personal info”
- Select “Mobile ID cards” under “Communication preferences”
- Select preference and update (On=Digital, Off=Printed cards mailed)
How Do You Use Your Digital Anthem Insurance Card For Appointments?
In addition to being able to bring your Anthem insurance card up on your phone, you can also provide information from your mobile device or computer in one of the following ways:
- Email or fax your digital insurance card information to your healthcare provider.
- Upload your information to a patient portal.
- Upload a digital copy at an online check-in.
Key Information About Your Anthem Insurance Card
ID Number (Anthem Policy Number)
This is your unique ID number for your benefits and health insurance coverage. A doctor will ask for this information when you first visit.
If you receive health insurance through an employer, your unique group number is the same for all employees who participate in the insurance plan.
Copays for certain services may be listed on your Anthem ID card. Your copay is the fixed amount you pay for certain covered healthcare services.
Do You Have To Carry Your Anthem Insurance Card?
You don’t have to keep your Anthem insurance card in your purse or wallet. With a digital Anthem ID card, you only need your phone or computer to access your Anthem policy number. You can use it when you visit the doctor or pay for services or care.
What If You Need A Printed Anthem Insurance Card For An Appointment?
Before the appointment, you can print a temporary card.
What If You Lose Your Anthem Insurance Card?
The My Health Records feature in the Anthem Sydney app gives you access to your health data. You can request a new Anthem ID card by calling 800-676-BLUE (2583) or print a new card online. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Anthem account
- Click on “Customer Care”
- Select “Request an ID card” and follow the instructions. Your insurance card will be delivered within 10-14 business days