What Are Medicare Advantage Plan Coverage Changes For 2023?
More help with insulin costs
Medicare members will be able to obtain a month’s supply of covered insulins on your formulary at no more than $35. This includes insulins covered under your prescription drug plan and insulins furnished through durable medical equipment under Part B.
You won’t pay more than $35 for a one-month supply of each insulin product covered by our plan, no matter what cost-sharing tier it’s on, even if you haven’t paid your deductible.
No out-of-pocket costs for vaccines
In addition to vaccines covered under Part B, Medicare patients receiving vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and covered under their prescription drug plan will pay nothing starting in 2023.
Our plan covers most Part D vaccines at no cost to you, even if you haven’t paid your deductible. Call your plan’s Customer Service for more information.
Why Choose A Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Advantage plans offer more coverage than Original Medicare. They may include:
- Routine dental care, including X-rays, exams, and dentures.
- Vision care, including glasses and contacts.
- Hearing care, including testing and hearing aids.
- Prescription drug coverage (Part D).
- Wellness programs and fitness center membership, including SilverSneakers®.
- Coverage for Over the Counter (OTC) health products.
- Transportation: Rides to health-related appointments.
It’s a good idea to take your personal budget and your coverage needs into consideration when choosing your plan. Compare Medicare Advantage and Original Medicare and see what works best for you.
What To Consider When Selecting A Medicare Advantage Plan
- What hospitals and doctors are covered by the plan? If having flexibility in the doctors you see is important to you, be sure to research what is covered by your plan. You may be able to save money by seeing the doctors and providers that are in network.
- What prescription drugs are covered? You can use our find a drug tool to see what drugs are covered if you need medications. Make sure they are available and affordable under the plan you choose.
- What are the maximum out-of-pocket costs? Compare your budget with coverage needs to find a plan that best fits your unique circumstances. A lower out-of-pocket maximum may be preferable to give you peace-of-mind protection for unexpected injuries or illnesses.
Who Is Eligible For A Medicare Advantage Plan?
If you are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B, you can apply for a Medicare Advantage plan in 2023.