How We Help Anthem Members
Our licensed pharmacists and pharmacy technicians evaluate the pharmaceutical needs of our members and proactively contact them to provide important information and support, at no additional cost.
The CPCC benefits members in many ways, including:
- Helping members understand why they are taking certain medications
- Addressing members’ questions and concerns about prescriptions
- Ensuring members are taking medications properly
- Conducting medication reviews, which may help prevent potentially harmful interactions between different prescriptions
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. ET, and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET. The CPCC’s services are available nationwide in multiple languages.
Whether you have an Individual and Family, Medicare, or Medicaid plan, our CPCC team members will provide authoritative, helpful information to empower you on your healthcare journey.
Care That Counts: A CPCC Success Story
Sometimes you need extra support.
That was the case when we were assisting a member who was experiencing vision loss and had difficulty staying on top of all her medications. Additionally, she needed assistance with other health needs, including checking her blood glucose levels. Our CPCC team determined the member was eligible for home health visits. As a result, she received ongoing in-home support from a nurse who checked her blood glucose levels and vital signs, and other care measures. Our team also assisted the member with her medication management challenges by recommending a special service that presorts medications. She ultimately received the personalized care she needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
How We Work With Providers
We help providers in the following ways:
- Addressing potential care gaps
- Providing formulary alternatives that can help lower costs and improving access to medications
- Alerting providers about certain high-risk medications, including opioids