Transforming care delivery through health advocacy
Understanding consumer expectations and industry trends
The healthcare industry is evolving to focus on integrated support centered around collaboration, innovation, and digitization:1
- 84% of consumers want coordination among their doctors
- 88% are seeking more personalized care and support
- 89% would like easier access to care and plan information
- 75% want to monitor their health through apps or wearable devices
Leveraging robust data to personalize healthcare
Anthem’s unique data set including social drivers of health is one of the largest in the world
150+ internal and external sources provide administrative, community, and social data for 45M current members2
Our advanced predictive model analyzes data from 200M historical members and +10B medical claims records to anticipate future needs and outcomes based on health history2
Empowering proactive, whole-person care
Dedicated advocates connect with employees throughout their healthcare journey — partnering with providers and using insights to offer guidance on the next best action to improve well-being.
- Technology backed by empathy
Cohesive technology between care teams helps eliminate information gaps and facilitates intelligent, real-time triage and attentive, predictive support.
- Caring, trust-based relationships
Empowered associates inspire trust in every interaction, giving employees and their families the confidence to focus on their health in a proactive, worry-free manner.
- Collaborative expertise and provider partnerships
Digital enablement and enhanced integration give providers the whole picture of an employee’s health, so they can do what they do best — deliver high-quality care.
Creating customized digital health experiences
SydneySM Health app: A smart, artificial intelligence-driven health assistant that creates a simple, intuitive, guided, and personalized experience
- One phone number and one digital front door for all care
- Chat with live care teams
- Communicate with advocates
- Personalized content and health recommendations
- Connect to virtual care
- Access digital ID cards
- Manage benefits and claims
Transforming care through integration
98% of doctors aim to treat their patients with empathy and spend an appropriate amount of time listening to their health concerns yet more than 20% of patients feel their doctor does not spend enough time with them.
Anthem’s new, state-of-the-art advocacy platform removes barriers for health professionals
- Full integration with electronic medical records (EMRs)
- A comprehensive view across medical and specialty plans
- Real-time data sharing to help doctors address immediate needs
- Predictive insights to prevent future medical problems
To learn more about Anthem’s approach to transforming advocacy for your workforce, contact your Anthem representative.
1 Insider Intelligence, US Healthcare Industry in 2021: Analysis of the health sector, healthcare trends, & future of digital health (accessed Jan 2022): insiderintellgence.com.
2 Anthem internal data, 2021.
3 American Board of Internal Medicine, Surveys of Trust in the U.S. Health Care System (accessed Jan 2022): norc.org.