Medicare Supplement insurance with Anthem Blue Cross gives you great options in California. You can see any doctor who accepts Medicare without a referral, while getting the extra coverage you need. Want help staying healthy and active, too? You’ll have access to our hugely popular fitness program, SilverSneakers®, through our currently offered Medicare Supplement plans.
Medicare Supplement insurance, also called “Medigap,” is a type of plan you can add to Original Medicare to pay for things that Parts A and B don’t cover like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part A and Part B deductibles. Just be sure to enroll in Original Medicare before adding a Medicare Supplement plan.
At Anthem, we’ve been serving California for over 75 years. Come find which plan is right for you!Shop Plans
Is Medicare Supplement insurance (Medigap) right for you?
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and you live in California.
- You want peace of mind knowing you’ll have help with many of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’d like the flexibility to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for a California Medicare Advantage plan (Part C).
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Original Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement plan to help cover your costs, you’ll want to add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Like Medicare Supplement, you can get Part D directly from us. We offer several prescription drug plans to meet everyone’s needs. So add one to your shopping cart or take a closer look at Medicare Part D plans in California.
Need dental and vision insurance?
If you choose Medicare Supplement insurance, you can buy dental and vision or dental-only insurance to complement your coverage. Stay healthy with Anthem Extras Packages: pick from dental and vision packages like Standard, Premium, Premium Plus, or Dental-Only Premium Plus.
In addition, the Premium Plus Anthem Extras Package gets you access to our Travel Assistance program to help keep you healthy when you’re abroad.